If you want to return to the main menu after using one of these functions, click on Manage in the title bar.
- To manage local or Active Directory users of the NoTouch Center, select the user icon in the title bar.
- Alternatively you can use Manage→ User List.
- Add a new role on the Create Role tab – here: Eindhoven. Confirm with Save.
- Switch to the Role List tab and click on the icon of the role to be configured – here: Eindhoven.
- Select the required rights for this role and confirm with Save.
- In the navigation pane, select a group – here Eindhoven – or a single hub and switch to the Acl tab.
- If necessary, give the new role Write permissions using the relevant checkbox. If you want to overwrite the settings of a higher-level group – in this case Netherlands –, then select Overwrite additionally. Confirm with Save.
- Create a new user – here Hubadmin – and assign him the new role with Security Level – here Eindhoven. Confirm with Save.
Tip: If you want to delete a role later on, you must first assign a different role to all users who have been assigned this role. Then, on the Role List tab, select the relevant icon and afterwards the icon (top right).
For more information on user management, see the relevant Stratodesk knowledge-base articles:
You will find the Tools at the top of the navigation pane.
The following functions are available here, which you can select using the tabs:
- Use Tools→ Search or Manage→ Search to search for unassigned Hubs.
- Simply enter an IP address range for the search. You can find the results in the Announce Log (below) and on the Filter tab (below).
- Confirm the entry with Execute.
- With Tools→ Filter or Manage→ Filter you can filter the result of searching Hubs above.
Filter criteria can be used:
- the Hub's hostnames (see screnshot)
- the names of the groups to which the Hubs belong
- the Mac adresses of the Hubs
- the IP adresses of the Hubs
As with the Announce Log (below), you can show details about the Hubs by clicking on .
- With Tools→ Announce Log or Manage→ Announce Log you can see the last attempts of Hubs to announce.
- Click on to show details of the Hubs.
- With Tools→ MKey Failures or Manage→ MKey Failures you can display authentication failures.
MKey is an authentication key assigned to the Hubs when they first connect to the NoTouch Center. If the Hub transmits an incorrect authentication key – because a firmware update may have been carried out – the authentication failures that occurred are logged here.
- To correct the failures, select the checkbox(es) of the Hub(s) concerned and create a new authentication key by clicking the Reset MKey Token button.
For more information, see the MKey Authentication article in the Stratodesk knowledge base.
- For various presets of the NoTouch Center, select the gear icon in the title bar.
Read the relevant Stratodesk knowledge-base article:
The Resources menu is located in the title bar.
Here you can:
- upload firmware updates
- download support or backup/migration files or a list of managed hubs
- upload certificates
- manage licenses
- display system information:
Messages including their number are displayed in the title bar on the bell symbol.
- By clicking on the bell, you can display the message(s). They contain the name of the source, here – as an example – of the TPHub-d2067e Hub.
If there is an error, the affected device is additionally marked in red.
- By clicking on the device, you will get a detailed error description under Info , here:
“The printer address is incomplete.”
The NoTouch Center constantly writes the most important processes into a log file.
- You can view it by clicking on the file icon in the title bar.
The logbook entries will appear.
- With the Clear Log button you can delete them.
- Furthermore you can create a Support File in Resources→ Support. This file also contains log data.
- Alternatively you can use Manage→ Support→ Support File.
- A current overview of the device connections at the NoTouch Center can be found ater Tools→ Announce Log.
- Alternatively you can use Manage→ Announce Log.
Configuring the logging
For more information about logging, see the Stratodesk knowledge base:
- Select Reports in the title bar.
For information on how to create built-in reports – especially for an explanation of the report types and the file formats available – see the relevant Stratodesk knowledge-base article: