The following describes the installation using the installation wizard. Unattended installation is also possible (see Unattended installation).
- Log on as a domain user with local administrator permissions.
- Start the installation program, e. g. Setup_ThinPrint_13_Complete_x64.exe or ThinPrintLicenseServer_x64.exe.
- If you use the bundle installer, e. g. Setup_ThinPrint_13_Complete_x64.exe, then select Install ThinPrint License Server.
- Select Install ThinPrint License Server if you use the bundle installer Setup_ThinPrint_13_Complete_x64.exe.
- You will be informed which components will be installed, here: the Readiness Check component. Click on Install.
- ThinPrint License Server readiness check opens. It may run for several minutes.
- Readiness Check will show you if all installation requirements have been met (green check marks).
A yellow dot indicates that recommended requirements have not been met: continuing with the installation is possible, but with the restrictions detailed on the right (see Details).
- A red cross indicates an error. Click on Details and in the text box on the right you will see a description of the error and how you can fix it. Installation cannot continue until this is rectified.
Proceed only when you have all green check marks on the left. It may be necessary to Cancel the installation, rectify a problem and then start the installation again.
- InstallShield Wizard opens. Click Next.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Confirm the installation folder or select a different one. Click Next.
- In the next window, click Install.
- If the installation fails against all expectations, click Finish, restart Windows and run the License Server installer again.
- At the end of the installation routine, the license key to be installed is requested.
Here you can have a 30-day key installed automatically (which cannot be activated or extended). On this, click Evaluation mode.
Or you can manually enter a key that you have already received from your reseller or from ThinPrint or Cortado. On this, click Enter license key(s).
Entering a license key
- If you selected Enter license Key(s) the window shown in the following screenshot will appear. Copy your license key(s) into the white field, as shown on the left in the next screenshot and click Enter License(s).
- This causes one of the exclamation marks in a red circle to change to a checkmark in a green circle (above right in screenshot above).
Complete the installation by clicking OK.
- In the Start Menu, open ThinPrint License and User Configuration.
- Sign in with the same account that you used for the installation. Alternatively you can use the following link on another computer:
The dashboard will open, where you can see at a glance, how many free licenses are available, which types of licenses you have and the closest expiry dates of your licenses or subscriptions.
If the license server is unavailable at any time, you will still benefit from a grace period of two weeks, during which all users are able to print.