To prepare the ThinPrint Engine for sending data of sent print jobs to the SQL server, you must make the following settings in the configuration for the ThinPrint Engine.
Note: For the installation procedure, please see Installation and configuration on print servers.
Preparing ThinPrint Engine and Tracking Service
1. Open configuration with Start→ (All) Programs→ ThinPrint Engine→ Configuration.
2. Mark the respective ThinPrint Engine node and select Edit Settings.
3. Enter the following settings in the Tracking tab:
- Enable Tracking
- SQL server’s address and name
- SQL server/Windows authentication: an account or the which has write permissions for the installed database
- Encryption settings if the data are to sent encrypted to the SQL server
- Name of the Tracking database (in this example: tptrack1).
The result is shown in the following screenshot.