To perform a software update, the following preconditions must be met:
- the license must have a current update subscription available (see below)
- the Subscription Key must have been entered in License Manager (see the section Installation of the Subscription Key).
If these conditions have been met, run the installation program Setup.exe for the respective software. Please read also Updating to ThinPrint 10 or higher.
Note! As of ThinPrint version 13, the license server automatically downloads the update subscription keys (from the Cortado Enterprise Portal) and installs them on the license server. If this is not or cannot be done automatically ‒ e. g. because there is no Internet connection ‒ it is still possible to create and install these update subscription keys manually.
- With Annual License Model (ALM), update keys are used to extend the useful life of the software.
- For other licenses not purchased on the basis of the Annual License Model, a valid update subscription authorizes the use of the latest software versions, without needing to purchase new licenses.
You can get an overview of the validity period of your licenses in Enterprise Portal (for example, in Customer View) under Service Runtime.
Four weeks before the subscription expires, a yellow exclamation mark appears next to the green icon of the license key in the License Manager.
- Annual licenses (ALM) do not have a Subscription Key – when first entered. Instead, it is displayed how long the license is valid (column Valid Until). Before the validity expires, you should renew your license to continue printing. To do so, click on the button (arrow in the first screenshot) to receive a quote for a Subscription Key.
- Non-ALM license keys usually contain a 12 months update subscription if purchased. Software updates can be performed within this period. To extend the validity period, you can request a non-binding offer to be sent to you by clicking on the button (arrow in the first screenshot). The update subscription can be renewed at any time during subscription period. At that time you can take advantage of the Early Bird Special, at a reduced update price.
If your subscription has already expired, then you still have six months during which to extend your update entitlement, using the Update Service. If the update entitlement has not been renewed six months after the expiration of the update subscription, no further update service is possible.
Note! Even if the update subscription is renewed very early, the next subscription period of course first begins after the last period has expired.
Installation of the Subscription Key
After purchasing a renewal of an ALM license or a new update subscription, you will find the Subscription Key in the Enterprise Portal (for example in the Customer View) under Subscription Key. You can recognize the Subscription Key by an X as the third block.
- To enter Subscription Keys, you can use the Add Subscription Key function in the context menu of a license key.
- If you have received a Subscription Key together with an Activation Key, you can also enter it under Activate and confirm with OK.
- Then click on the activated license key in License Manager on the left (screenshot after the next one). The Subscription Keyis automatically activated.